Taos Old Style Flute
· Flute Wood: American Hardwood (Ash, Beech, Locust)
· Acoustics: Rich and full sound - good projection - a great performing instrument
· The low profile totem gets in an out flute flute bag quickly
· Flute comes with a flute bag
· Though we try to keep Classics in stock, current creation time may be up to 4 to 6 weeks
This Woodsounds flute was originally created for Robert Mirabal for a mini-series he was shooting in New Mexico. The Taos Old Style Flutes are designed to look like the old Taos Indian flutes that were split in half and then glued together with pitch and bound with sinew.
Robert asked Woodsounds to created a flute that looked like one of these old flutes, but that played like a modern instrument. That is exactly what they did. The Taos Old Style flute is a modern instrument with a huge voice and phenomenal acoustics. It is a flute with juxtaposition of the old looking flute on the outside and the incredible sound that you get as soon as you begin to blow on the flute.